The cat eye is here to stay! With this new innovative brush, creating the perfect, runway cat eye look is made easy and simple.
Are you longing to create the perfect cat eye? Unless you’ve had a lot of time to practice, creating this perfect line is no easy task.
The introduction of liquid pen liners has made it easier with their precision tips and easy glide on colour. But still, somehow, if you don’t have a steady hand, it can be messy and embarrassing.
Another challenge with most liquid pen liners is that it often leaves a gap between the line you’ve created and the lashes. It then takes a bit of a steady hand to fill in that gap with your marker, which can be messy.
To make things easy, Benefit, a leader in innovative makeup, and creators of the ever so popular they’re real! mascara (sold every 10 seconds!) decided to create the perfect companion piece to the mascara that still has everyone buzzing.
With they’re real! push-up liner, lining your lids to create a perfect cat eye look is made simple. It’s being called the first ever lash-hugging gel liner pen.
“People always ask me how we get our ideas for new products,” says Julie Bell, EVP of Global Marketing at Benefit Cosmetics. “At Benefit, it always starts with customer needs.” And one of those needs was fixing one of the major beauty blunders that Bell and million’s of women everywhere experience, creating the perfect eye liner. “It was such an embarrassment. I’ve spent my entire career in the beauty industry, but I’d get teased about my eyeliner.”
According to Bell there are three reasons they’re real! push-up liner is a beauty breakthrough:
1.The matte, black gel formula is long-lasting and waterproof.
2. It’s a gel formula in a pen.
3. The innovative AccuFlex™ tip easily hugs your lash line from corner to corner. “Other eyeliners have pointed, narrow tips. The soft AccuFlex™ tip is the only one that is wide, angled and flat,” says Bell.
The design of the AccuFlex™ tip is the perfect balance of flexibility, which allows for a forgiving line, and stability, which provides exceptional control,” explains David Monical, VP of Global Packaging & Operations at Benefit Cosmetics. The flat wide guard at the base of the tip also guides you to get close to the lashline on any eye shape and the tip material, itself, is soft allowing it to glide easily across the eyelid. The company also employed a unique micro-dose technology to ensure exactly the right amount of formula is dispensed with each twist of the pen.”
How To Create the Perfect Cat Eye: Three looks you can create with they’re real push up liner from the Benefit Makeup Artists:
1. Swoop up & away: line along your upper lashline from the inner corner out. “Wing” the liner straight out past the outer corner…this creates the illusion of bigger, sexier eyes.
2. Below & behold! stroke they’re real! push-up liner along your upper and lower lashline for dramatic party eyes in seconds. Finish with they’re real! mascara.
3. Retro double wing: line upper and lower lashlines from the inner corner out. Extend liner just past the outer corner for an easy retro glam look.
—By Toni-Marie Ippolito