Fight bacteria and restore balance and moisture to your skin with a homemade manuka honey face mask.
It seems Cleopatra was on to something. The ancient Egyptian queen is said to have applied a honey mask to her face every morning and took milk and honey baths to keep her skin smooth, healthy, and youthful.
While all honey has numerous benefits for overall health, skin and hair, it’s with the manuka honey variety that you will reap the most benefits, experts say.
Why use on your skin? It contains antibacterial properties that can calm inflammation and soften skin. A high UMF (UMF) kind is also said to be excellent for treating microscopic bacteria that can cause a host of skin issues and keep skin health and moisturized.
MANUKA HONEY FACE MASK
-1 tsp – 1 tbs Manuka honey
-Optional: Sprinkle of cinnamon (also a natural antibacterial ingredient)
Start with cleansed skin
- Use a premium Manuka honey that is graded a bio active 10+ or above.
- Wet or spritz skin with water to open pores and help honey spread easier.
- Spread about 1 tsp of honey over entire face.
- Leave on for around 15-20 mins in order for the antibacterial properties to take effect.
- Rinse face with warm water.
—by Toni-Marie Ippolito